St Andrew's Tennis Club
The St Andrew's Tennis Club was founded in 1911 and, until late 2022, used three courts adjacent to the church and Brighton Grammar School.
Due to current building works the St Andrew's Tennis Club has temporarily relocated to courts located beside the Bowling Club at
Dendy Park for social tennis.
Coaching programmes cater to most age groups and enquiries can be directed to coach Gerard Douglas, Club Coach, on 0425 755 005. During the building works lessons are held at Brighton Grammar School courts.
On completion of the build (anticipated late 2024) the St Andrew's Tennis Club will return to the previous location adjacent to St Andrew's but with new rooftop courts and facilities, The new courts will have a policlay surface, a synthetic matting topped with ceramic sand. Policlay plays like en-tous-cas, however it is low maintenance and requires no watering.
Further details and application forms are available from:
Gerard Douglas – Club Coach and Centre Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie Douglas – Membership Secretary: email@example.com
Tennis Courts and old Clubhouse at St Andrew's Brighton 2016